Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Another Month Gone By

Whew! July and August have absolutely flown by! I have been busy reading, feeding, and succeeding at my part time job for the school district. Read, Feed, and Succeed is a federal program for kids where they can come and eat breakfast and lunch for free and join a summer reading program in the library. I was the assistant librarian!

Now that the program is over...I have exactly seven days until I start contract hours at school again. That's right, back to the working world on the 20th! School starts on the 25th...I am kind of starting to get excited...talk to me on the 24th!

Volleyball starts this friday! I am coaching the freshman at Gale! Yep, I switched schools to coach at the one that I now teach at...Taylorview was good to me...but I was tired of being called a traitor by my classes! I am excited about the season!

My birthday has come and gone...My roommates gave me a beautiful clock and my Dad and Billie gave me a new camera...no more stealing pictures from Lisa and Gina! Well, actually I will still steal pics from them, just not as many!


My gorgeous clock!



My roomies love me! They celebrated my birthday in style!



My Birthday BBQ at Jason's! What a blast!


Jameron singing me my very own song!

My mom and Alan are going to get me some trees for my yard! I am most excited about that. I will post pictures when they are planted!

We have had a couple of adventures in the past month...
We floated the river up in Island Park at night! The stars were beautiful! I miss living somewhere I can look up and see all the stars...no city lights interfering...Makes it easier to wish on them!



The best kind of massage train...The one where I don't have to do anything!



Mmmm...Smell that Bacon...

The next day we traveled to Targhee to do some mountain biking...Lisa wanted to ride the lift up and ride down the mountain. When we got to the lift with our bikes, the lifty talked us out of it...Lisa was disappointed, but since we were all inexperienced riders she dealt with her disappointment, no point in someone getting hurt! We ended up riding over in Ricks Basin instead, which was a pretty ride, and had some good downhill parts!



Andy, Gina, Willie, Lisa, and I biking in Ricks Basin!



Lunch Break on Quakie Ridge...It really was a beautiful ride!

Two weeks ago, our old branch had planned a Whitewater floating trip in Jackson! We tagged along and had a great time...there was a little bit of tension at first since we ended up being one guide short, but Kelly found us a last minute replacement, and I think we ended up with the best guide anyway!


Matt's all ready to go...


Kelly Browne (stressing and calling everyone she knows to find a guide)


Look at all our stuff...we are in a 15 passenger van, by the way!


Gina patiently waiting...waiting...and waiting!


On the way home everyone fell asleep (except Kelly and Josh!)

Last week we traveled to Lava Hot Springs to do a little cabin camping and some River floating the next day! What a blast...Other than a little rain...



We traveled way up into some mountains near Lava, unfortunately it was raining, not just sprinkling, but pouring rain...Kelly's car wasn't handling it well, so Janette and I got out to walk...


Andy had to help us get the 2 inches of mud off our shoes after walking partway up the road!


We were all pretty tired when we got to the cabin, but still stayed up until 2 or so in the morning!


Cameron and Tara...and that's all I'm gonna say...

Before we went floating the next morning, we did a little exploring on the 4-wheelers!


Getting ready to get wet, Janette and I get our tubes...


Cameron took a spill coming over the first waterfall!


It was a lot of fun to stay linked together, it made it a little faster going down to river!

So that's a recap of my adventures during the last month or so...not as exciting as some people...but just right for me! Till next time!

3 comments:

the ginabean said...

HOORAY for catching up on your blog! Hey, now that YOU have a camera, I need to start stealing pix from you!

The Wynn Family said...

No so exciting... whatever. Whoever thought that the kids had all the fun during summer break obviously didn't have you for a teacher. It is amazing you even had time to breathe!

TeamBennett said...

Hi Brookie!! Just was catching up on all you guys. Glad that you are doing well. Can I just say that I'm so jealous. All those adventures you had, I wish I had gone. Kind of tough to do that though. Oh well. We're doing well. Kids are getting bigger and bigger. My little baby girl is going into nursery in a few months. I can't believe it. I'll update my blog in a few days. There are pictures I want to put on, but need to wait for it. Love ya tons and tell everyone hi!!