Thursday, July 10, 2008

Catching up...

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to pressure from several unnamed sources, I have decided it has been long enough since I updated this here blog.

I have done a lot of different things since I last posted in April. The biggest and the funnest (sort of) was moving into my new house.



Isn't It pretty...My grass is even green!



I gotta get a grill!!



The backyard has some yellow stuff...grass can be really stubborn!



I finally got my garage organized...although I am still waiting on some shelves!



The Living Room...I love my red wall!



The Kitchen...



My Room!




Lisa's Room!



Gina's Room!



The Bathroom...

My Grandma Kay taught me how to quilt...I have been working on a star quilt...I'm still working on that project!



The top is all sewed, but I need to put the bat in and then actually quilt the thing!

We just finished playing softball...It didn't seem like we had a very long season, and it wasn't an extremely successful season, but it was fun!



Skyler, Nick, and Steph all played a little on our team...at least they did until Skyler separated his shoulder doing bike tricks, and Nick got really busy at work. Steph stuck it out though and finished the season strong! Gina was a little disappointed that we finished with a losing record...but got over it eventually...

I am also coaching a 14 and under girls fastpitch team...they haven't had a stellar season either, but they won today with only 8 players out of 9 and against a team that killed them the last time we played!!!!!!!




I went to Brigham City with Gina for Independance Day! We got to see some pretty fireworks and enjoy a couple of slurpee's from 7-11!




I spent a couple of days with some friends at Redfish Lake in the Sawtooth Mountains! WOW! I loved it there...I need to go back and do some more hiking!


We braved Mesa Falls before all the snow had melted, and it was worth it! Not as green as usual, but still a breathtaking vista!



The Relief Society sisters in the 1st branch had a retreat...We talked about personal histories and had a lot of fun! We started going to our new branch last Sunday! People were friendly and I am going to enjoy it there...but what can I say...I am really going to miss the 1st branch!



We took a quick trip up to Fall River near Swan Valley and played in the waterfall there! It's definitely one of my favorite places!

I start my summer job next Monday...I'm not really very excited, I have really enjoyed this summer and have been keeping myself busy with things like home maintence, mowing the lawn etc...and reading...ALOT!

We haven't been on many hikes or adventures yet this summer, but there are still many days of summer left...We plan to go hiking, biking, rafting, floating, and whatever other adventures happen to pop up!

7 comments:

the ginabean said...

YEEHAW! You updated! In just shy of 3 months too! Proud to know you, sister! YAY! Oh, what fun we have...

TeamBennett said...

Nice house Brookie Tookie!! Miss ya tons. Looks like you're doing well. I'm so glad you updated your blog. Catch you later!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had a blog. I'd have been checking it.

Hopefully some of that reading was my stuff, yes? So what's the new summer job?

The Wynn Family said...

Yeah! We were wondering if your new house swallowed you up or what! It looks great by the way. I am drooling over the lawn even with the yellow spots. I don't know how you have been able to read at all with all the stuff you have been doing. It looks like so much fun. I want to go to Red Fish lake so bad, everyone I have talked to said it about the most beautiful place ever. Miss you!

beckyjune said...

Love your house, Brooke! And, it sounds like you've been having so much fun. We're still down here in Texas- the kids love being able to spend time with Matt's parents, though I am still missing Idaho. I can't complain too much, though. So glad to hear you have a blog- I will most definitely be adding it to our list. I try to update mine every so often, though most is just boring scrapbooking stuff :) Good luck with the new summer job. I love that red wall, too, by the way. I'd love to do that in our kitchen if I could get some time to do it with the girls running around. Have a good one! Love, Becky and Matt and the girls

Melanie said...

Yay! I love your house! I wish our back yard looked as green and pretty as yours. Ours is pretty crispy at the moment. Next year I hope it does better. P.S. The picture of Red Fish Lake is gorgeous!

the ginabean said...

I'm tagging you again! DO IT! Puh-leez do it! Here's the link:

http://theginabean2.blogspot.com/2008/02/this-was-kinda-fun_05.html

Copy and paste it in the navigation bar.